Finding a healthy balance
Vibrant lagoons are efficient and effective for municipal needs as long as they are cared for properly. The NuSystems Lagoon Program is a continuous care system that uses biological science to understand the current state of a lagoon in order to treat it correctly. The NuSystems Lagoon Program optimizes the digestion capability of a lagoon throughout the year.
Change of season, capacity and neglect are some reasons why lagoons can lose efficiency and, if left untreated, eventually fail. As a lagoon’s efficiency degrades, a host of problems occur as the systems become more and more septic.
- Foul odors will concentrate and carry with the wind into communities.
- Solids will not decompose as readily and sludge will build up on the bottom of the lagoon. Each inch of sludge buildup can reduce capacity by as much as 81,000 gallons of water per acre of lagoon.
- Lastly, permit levels may be exceeded for BOD/COD resulting in fines that add to the overall cost of operation.
ReNew Technology results:
- Significantly reduces sludge buildup.
- Reduces odors associated with imbalanced lagoons.
- Reduces the total cost of operating (TCO).